Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Priorities

So, the other day i'm on my computer, wasting time. I clicked on the tab that gives me a new page without canceling the page i'm currently on. This new page shows me my most visited sites... Guess which one is the top most visited? Facebook.. Now, while Facebook isn't a bad thing.. should it be my first thing? I check it every morning, afternoon and before I go to bed. 

-Conviction- 

My first th
ought each day should not be checking my facebook account, but checking in with my Father to see how I can join Him in this new day. As I get ready for bed, I should be releasing the day into His hands, asking for grace, and praising Him for all that he did. Spending time with God shouldn't be a chore on my "to-do" list. A "getting through such and such study, do this devotional, say a prayer and calling it quiet time" doesn't equal an authentic relationship with God. Allowing Him into the whole day, start to finish is. Letting Him speak to me in such a way that I stop what I am doing, pick up my bible and see what he's showing me.

-Grace-

I am a work in progress, and thankfully He's not in a hurry for me to "get it".. So today I am challenging myself to make more time for Him, letting it flow throughout the day, and allowing Him to speak to ears that are ready to listen.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment