Wednesday, December 5, 2012

U.G.L.Y

Today as I was spending some time with the Father I was convicted of my propensity towards negative thoughts. Thoughts become attitudes, attitudes tend to come out in words or actions, and that equals U-G-L-Y. Ugly does not speak life to anyone who is around it, it breeds more ugly since it can be passed on faster than a flu virus. We all know what that looks like... ewwww..

What's a girl to do 
when she's caught the ugly attitude virus?? First the recognition that um.. I'm not all that and a bag of chips either, second, we all NEED the Father to get through each day, and thirdly, i'm going to think of three nice things about whom ever or what ever i'm being negative about. I want to lift them up to Jesus, thanking Him for them. If that is seeming a bit difficult may he show me how to love them better. This one life is too short to not act in love and in grace. We all need it so badly.

So shine that light, share that smile, lift up that one person that can push your buttons like no tomorrow, and live for the One who Loves us best.

No comments:

Post a Comment