Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Surrender

Schedules, tasks, dead-lines, personal growth, surrender of control, taking it back, re-surrendering control... gaaah! Is this anyone else's day? The struggle to surrender our lives completely to Christ and that includes every single thing on our agenda?

To experience God in my daily life is taking on a whole new meaning to me. It is freeing me from trying to be a "good christian" what ever that
 means, and from doing it all on my own. To truly surrender my time, and what needs to be done not including the things that come with having family friends and a life purpose, is peace. It is as the teacher in Ecclesiastes said :

Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the duty of all mankind.
14 For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil. 12: 13-14

In other words, all my stress about life is well, kinda meaningless. At the end of the day, if I give my whole life, my whole day to Christ, he's got it under His control. I cannot control my day as well as he can, and I prove that to myself day in and day out.

I am praying that as we go out to live this day, that maybe today, some for the first time, we as Women of Christ, would surrender our day to Him. Let Him lead us, and experience the fullness of His joy and peace. May it fill you up, even if all around you is total chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment